Shri Nitin Agrawal, IPS
Border Security Force
1. It is a matter of great pride and honor for me to take charge of the world’s largest border-guarding force and India’s First Line of Defence. BSF exemplifies fortitude and impeccable service to our nation.
2. At the onset, I salute the fallen heroes of BSF who have given supreme sacrifice in the service of the Nation. We remain forever indebted to them and to their families. I acknowledge the hard work put in by all the personnel of this elite force who are diligently performing vigorous tasks while facing tremendous challenges at the borders. Achievements of BSF both during the war, peace, and No-War-No-Peace situations have been outstanding despite facing some of the harshest weather conditions and treacherous geographical terrains. Faced with ever-changing forms of threats, BSF continues to play a critical role in ensuring our nation’s sovereignty remains protected at all cost.
3. I call upon the Seema Praharis and commanders of all levels to continue discharging their duties in line with the glorious tradition of the force. I assure my unwavering support for the force and its commitment to modernization and capacity building. We will continue to boost our capacity, acquire new skills and invest in new equipment in order to address the new challenges.
4. As an Armed Force of the Union with a significant role in securing the most sensitive borders of our nation, it is imperative that we continue to strive hard and carry forward the innovative changes underway. I look forward to working along with you all in tackling the tasks ahead of us.
5. Our motto of “जीवन पर्यन्त कर्त्तव्य” is the ethos in which we believe and shall live our lives by it.